We need your help! Here are some different ways you can help us Save Calusa!
- Sign our petition and share it with friends, family and neighbors! http://www.change.org/SaveCalusa
- Spread the word! Please check this website, follow us/like/share on social media, and ensure our community is engaged and informed to be prepared for next steps to continue our fight of the proposed 550 residential development to replace our 168 acres of greenspace.
- Get a lawn sign or T-shirt! This will help extend our reach to even more members of our community! We are stronger together! Please complete this fancy form to request one (or both!) https://www.savecalusa.org/2020/06/04/lawn-sign-request-form/
- Volunteer to help: Are you willing to pass out flyers to your neighbors, speak to your coworkers, or have other ideas on how to make others aware of our cause? Please contact us to discuss ways to help.
- Have a special skill you are willing to share with us? Maybe you are really good at increasing social media followers, or graphic design, have media contacts, event ideas or something else you feel would be helpful? Please contact us! We are a grassroots group of neighbors volunteering our time and talents to support this important cause.
- Contact your commissioner! Personalized messages can make a big difference in how each commissioner forms their opinion. You don’t need to live in Calusa to support us, speak at a public hearing or send a message to your commissioner. Each commissioner gets a vote on the proposed development, and changes in Calusa absolutely affect other Districts too!
- Find your commissioner by going to this link and typing in your address: https://www.miamidade.gov/global/government/commission/home.page
- If you are sending an email, please also copy firstname.lastname@example.org so we have a record of your support! Thank you!
- Once you know your commissioner, use the information below to contact them:
District 1 Vice Chair Oliver G. Gilbert, III
District 2 Commissioner Jean Monestime
District 3 Chairwoman Keon Hardemon
District 4 Commissioner Sally A. Heyman
District 5 Commissioner Eileen Higgins
District 6 Vice Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa
District 7 Commissioners Raquel Regalado
District 8 Commissioner Danielle Cohen Higgins
District 9 Commissioner Kionne L. McGhee
Email: district email@example.com
District 10 Commissioner Javier D. Souto
District 11 Commissioner Joe A. Martinez
District 12 Chairman Jose “Pepe” Diaz
District 13 Commissioner René Garcia