Commissioners Public Hearing and VOTE:
DATE TBD at the Stephen P Clark Center 111 NW First Street, Miami, Florida 33128
The next step in this process is the commissioners public hearing and vote. This is an open hearing and anyone may attend, and also speak (if you want). Please encourage all your friends/neighbors to attend this important meeting! There is strength in numbers and we want our commissioners to hear our collective voice, and KEEP THE COVENANT!
Sign our petition:
If you weren’t able to come to our petition drive in person, please sign our ONLINE PETITION. Please sign only one petition (do NOT sign both the paper petition and online petition).
- Currently a covenant exists requiring Calusa Golf Course to remain a golf course for 99 years. A developer is requesting to remove it in order to build between 550 – 1,100 homes.
- Several attempts have been made to prevent community input regarding this important issue.
Thousands of us will be impacted, and we need to voice our opposition!
- You can make a difference by attending this crucial hearing, and/or by contacting your commissioner to provide your valuable input so an informed decision can be made in the best interest of all our connected communities.
Why is this important?
- Preserve quality of life in west kendall
- Protect nature one of the last large green spaces left in west kendall
- Fight against years of increased traffic due to demolition & construction
- Fight against thousands of additional vehicles on congested roadways fight against the increased burden on our infrastructure
- storm drainage
- public safety
- fire dept